Taupo Tramping Club LDV Diesel Van Driver Information Reg.No.HHZ 730
1 UNLOCKING Using remote, press unlock button once. If using key, turn clockwise to unlock driver’s door. All doors will unlock
2 LOCKING Using remote, press lock button once. Using key, turn anti-clockwise to lock driver’s door. All doors will lock. NOTE: Use of key in any other door will not lock all doors
3 TYRES Visually check all tyres before each trip
4 STARTING Depress and hold clutch down before turning key. After switching on wait until curly glow plug indicator goes out (IMPORTANT) before starting the motor then start immediately. Allow motor to idle for 30 sec to lubricate turbo bearings before driving
5 STOPPING Allow engine to idle for 10 sec before turning off to protect turbo
6 STALLING Switch off, depress clutch, switch on and start
7 GEARS Standard 5 speed, change down early and keep the revs up
8 BONNET Release lever is under dashboard on driver’s side
9 FUEL DIESEL only. Top up if fuel gauge is ½ full or less after a trip. Use B.P. fuel card to purchase fuel. PIN attached to key ring. Receipt to go to treasurer with travel money
10 PUNCTURE • Jack and relevant tools under driver’s seat
• Spare wheel at back under vehicle. Refer to handbook for removal
• Wheel bolt torque is 85 ft/lbs; similar to a big car. The wheel brace has sufficient leverage
• Wheel chocks are in the back of the van
• NB Make sure the spare wheel cradle is bolted back in position before driving
11 FIRE Identify the position of the two fire extinguishers and how to use them
12 JUMP STARTING It is very important to follow the instructions in the handbook. Sparking or an incorrect connection may burn out very expensive electronics in one or both vehicles
TTC VAN RECOVERY RATES
• A. Trips: Up to 300km round-trip – minimum rate is equivalent of seven persons @ $10/person ($70) with same cost for Turangi and Taupo members no matter where pick-up might be.
• B. Trips: Between 300 - 375km round-trip – minimum rate is equivalent of seven persons @ $15 ($105) with the same cost for Turangi and Taupo members no matter where pick-up might be.
• C. Trips: Over 375km round-trip – no minimum number of passengers and at $0.70 per km. Trip leader calculates cost as total km X $0.70 and divides total cost by number of participants to get individual contributions.